Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1950's Wall Decor

Asiatic Lily by Harris. Watercolor. I picked this gem up in San Francisco in the mid 90's. I'll dig up some information on the print and artist soon. The photo does not do it justice. It really is lovely and feminine. Makes me want to put on lounge wear and marabou mules.  

I can't decide if I'm ready to part company with this yet. That said, if I knew it was going to a good home, I'd consider sharing.

Detail of the Artist's Signature
 
Cockatoos by Turner. Mass produced and sold in retail locations. I love these prints in a baby nursery, a girl's room or a single gal's boudoir.  This one is up for grabs. Shoot me an email if you are interested.

Signature
  
Original Shirrell Graves Watercolor Painting.
I'll reserve this space for insightful comments about the work, the artist and its genre when I find someone who can provide all that.


Signature


Magnolia Detail

Magnolia Detail


Rand-McNally Map of the United States Circa 1969: School Map with Original Roller Frame.
This is one of two that I purchased for the kid's playroom. Unfortunately, I only had the wall space for one. If you are interested in giving it a good home, let me know. I'll make you a deal. The map is in really great condition and still smells like a classroom.  

Bog-Art Sculpture.What is art anyway? Would you buy this? Discuss...

No comments:

Post a Comment