Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Less is Better"

In September, my husband and I sneaked away to San Francisco a weekend away from the reality of everyday life. He had never been to the SFMOMA, so we spent the morning and afternoon there and discovered The Design Ethos of Deiter Rams. Deiter Rams has spend the better part of his life developing a products for Braun that embody a "less is more" ethos. Catnip to design addicts like me and the spouse.

The exhibit itself is comprehensive. All manner of everyday electronic and electric devices are represented. Although, I had mixed feelings about recognizing some objects from personal experience (am I really that old?), it was cool to see the evolution of both design and technology as devices shrink, design simplifies and technology expands exponentially.






The walls of the exhibit are marked with quotes from Rams. I shot a few that resonated with me. See if they inspire you.





Modern furnishings don't have to be complex to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment