Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Eames Lounge Chair

One of my favorite chairs, the Eames Lounge and Ottoman, is an icon of mid century modern furnishings design. Lately, I've been paying more attention to this particular chair. To be honest, it's bordering on obsession. I had a chance to purchase a pair last week for a friend, but he changed his mind and the chairs went to another buyer. I was bummed. No sale and no chance to have the chairs in my house for a couple of days. So I'm pining for the chairs like a rejected lover. Guess I better start saving for one of my own. In the meantime, I'm collecting some of my favorite images of the chair.

Check out this video of an Eames Chair Assembly by Charles and Ray Eames. It's grainy but it's whimsical and has a great tune.

A lovely shot of a (now) vintage piece.

Clearly a new version. I prefer aged leather pictured above.

Eames' considered design evidenced even in the undercarriage.

It's sublime.

Eames Spec Sheet

Eames Lounge deconstructed

No comments:

Post a Comment