Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Pair of Dunbar Chairs


The Dunbar arm chairs. I have looked high and low for a similar chair in the Dunbar rolls and have only found one, without the side panels. The chairs carry the Dunbar marker, so I believe  they are authentic, however, my guess is that they are not (unfortunately) associated with the illustrious Edward Wormley hence no pictures, no history, nothing.
 
Look at those lines. The chair seems to propel the seated guest forward.  
 
Unfortunately I do not have the "before" pictures. Take my word for it, they were pretty bad. These chairs and the table were discovered at Antiques Moderne in Dallas. Re-covered in a manly modern square texture pattern in grey toned neutrals. The wood had a gorgeous patina and was simply cleaned and polished.
Rear view. Lovely slats.


No comments:

Post a Comment